We will need the jeans to work with where the holes need to be broght back “to life” (in our case – the shorts), scissors, tweezers, jeans (denim fabric), thread (it must match the jeans color), needle.
Make a patch
Make two cuts horizontally on your old jeans: at the top and at the bottom. They should be straight and correspond to the height and width of the hole on the shorts.
Carefully try to extract vertically one thread after another with the help of the tweezers.
Then make the existing horizontal cuts look 1-2 cm longer with the helpof the scissors and cut this piece.
You should get a patch as it’s shown in the photo.
Take your favorite shorts where the holes look sloppy. The patch, which has just been cut out of your old jeans, is placed under the hole in the shorts. Stretch it on the sides to make the patch bands be in a tight (not too much). The patch can be fixed with the help of the pins. Sew the patch to the shorts using a thread of a needed color with the help of little stitches; they must be hardly seen.
Sew the edges of the patch, not the bands.
Denim shorts look like the new ones as if you’ve just bought them.
- Choose the old jeans of a similar color. If your jeans are white and the old ones are darker, the bands can be darker. But if the color difference is little, they can be used. They will be the same color after washing.
- It’s better to use old stretch jeans. Their bands are more elastic. It’s good if the holes are located on knees and stretch when you walk. Then they won’t tear.
- It’s good to sew the patch using the threads for embroidery. They are thin and completely invisible on jeans (if your jeans are light). It’s better to do small stitches imitating the stitches on the jeans.
- Threads which were torn initially on jeans, must be cut if necessary.
Collage with step by step instruction
OKSANA TSYMBALIST, specially for Evri.how
Frequently asked questions
What can you do with torn knee on your jeans?
You can sew the hole up. The used threads must match the tone of the jeans (be invisible).
The stitches must be done often in order not to leave the space between them. Their size is the same.
What to do not to torn the torn jeans?
You should glue the back sides of the holes with vlies base or stitch them on the machine to prevent the holes from torning.
What to do with jeans torn between the legs?
1. To sew a small patch on a seamy side which will be bigger in size than the torn area.
2. Hide the problem area by sewing it with the help of a needle.
The patch can be easily applied at home. The main thing is that the seams must be good.
What to do if torn jeans are torn?
Step by step actions are described in this article.
What to wear together with torn jeans?
Than more cuts and holes have your jeans - the "gentlier" must be another clothing. They are well combined with: basic t-shirts, tops or t-shirts; leather jackets; double-knits; wide blouses or shirts; one-color jackets.